What do you do when your worst fears come true? People spend immense amounts of valuable time worrying about their troubles – both real and imagined. This is time that could be spent being more productive at work or at home. Glenda Standeven says, “Choosing to smile sounds so simple but it’s not always easy!”
After being diagnosed with cancer in 1987, and losing her entire right leg, including her hip and pelvis, to the disease in 1988, Glenda felt it important to give encouragement and hope to others facing adversity.
As a gifted storyteller and author, Glenda has developed entertaining keynote topics designed to inspire and sow seeds of growth and positive transformation in the hearts of audiences. When Glenda speaks you will be entertained, inspired, and motivated.
- Certified Reflexologist with the Canadian Institute of Reflexology
- Lifetime member of Chilliwack Optimist Club
- Past member of Chilliwack Toastmasters Club
- Past member of Rotary Club of Chilliwack
- Member of Access Chilliwack Networking
Some of Glenda’s Many Awards
- 2002 – Award of Excellence for Programming – Canadian Cancer Society
- 2003 – Woman of the Year – Soroptimist International of Chilliwack
- 2006 – 2nd Place, Provincial Toastmaster Competition
- 2011 – Global Woman of Courage Award in Washington, DC, in 2011, with co-author Michelle Rickaby for recognition of sharing their inspirational life stories in the book, Choosing to Smile, written by three cancer survivors.
- 2018-19 – 3 time contributing author in Chicken Soup for the Soul series